Press Release: Today Sunday November 29, 2020 the Ministry of Health received confirmation of five new cases of COVID-19.
This brings the total number of cases diagnosed in country to date to 257.
- Case #253 is an 11 year old female from the Castries district
- Case #254 is a 28 year old female from the Castries district
- Case #255 is a 4 year old male from the Castries district
- Case #256 is a 38 year old female from the Dennery district
- Case #257 is a 51 year old female from the Castries district
These individuals were seen at a community respiratory facility, where they were assessed
and tested for COVID-19.
They were all placed in quarantine by the health practitioners while awaiting the return of their test results.
Epidemiological links have been established for all five of the cases.
As per protocol, arrangements have been made for the transfer of these individuals into isolation. This brings the total number of cases currently in care to 146.
All of these individuals are stable and doing well.
The Ministry of Health takes this opportunity to remind everyone of the importance of daily
practicing the infection prevention and control measures to minimize exposure to the virus:
- Wash your hands often during the day using soap and flowing water
- Wear a mask every time while in public and ensure it covers both the mouth and nose
- Maintain a distance of six feet physical distance from others
- Use a bleach solution to sanitize frequently touched surfaces
- Avoid contact with other people who have flu-like symptoms
- If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, keep away from others and seek medical care immediately at the closest community respiratory clinic
The Ministry of Health and Wellness will continue providing updates as new information becomes available.