As part of the national drive to safeguard the health of the Trinidad and Tobago population in the face of the global COVID-19 outbreak, the Ministry of Health continues to provide up-to-date information on the country’s status in this regard.
As of the afternoon of Tuesday, 24th March, 2020 the Ministry reports the following:
- Number of samples submitted to the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) for testing for COVID-19 = 353
- Number of samples which have tested positive = 57
- The Ministry also provides the following update:
- Four (4) additional persons have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Case one (1) has a history of recent travel.
- Case two (2) is known to have had contact with a person with a history of recent travel.
- Cases three (3) and four (4) are two additional nationals who returned from a cruise.